Tuesday, June 8, 2010

General Update

Progress on the job front can be so slow. I promised my mom that my cover letter would be done by the time she ate breakfast today so that she could mail my résumé on her way to work. Now, I was under the impression that she would wake me up (as she often does) before she ate breakfast and say, "Alright, where is it?" To which I would have answered, "It's waiting to print." But of course, she didn't wake me up, and in hindsight I had no reason to expect her to. So instead, I woke up in the afternoon, at which point Mom was long gone. So it was a good plan, but it didn't quite work out. I guess I'll be mailing it tomorrow.

In the meantime, The British Correspondent (who was expelled from The Muppet Mindset after Ryan's last vacation) seems to have hacked in again, and with Ryan off gallivanting in LA, it's up to me to stop him. Apparently, TBC seems to think that hacking in and taking over will help him win favor and earn his place back on the staff. Seems like a long shot to me, but if he wasn't crazy, he wouldn't have been hired in the first place.

In other news, it's been raining pretty much since I got up today, so there goes my plan of taking the dog for a walk. Instead, I wrote and posted some more fanfiction over on Muppet Central. A real tear-jerker of a chapter. I'm quite proud of it. I like to drag my readers through the dirt before I bring them to a happy ending. Unfortunately, when writing for nothing more than my own enjoyment, I almost never get around to that happy ending.

So, that's where I've been. Nothing hugely exciting, I suppose... This weather doesn't do much for inspiring excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment